If you want to keep your property in Iowa looking its best throughout the year, you'll need to invest in lawn care and maintenance services as well as tree care services. To keep your grass healthy and thriving, you'll want to schedule lawn care services like fertilization, weed control, aeration, and overseeding. Your landscape beds also play a large role in the overall curb appeal of your property, so you should plant flowers and install mulch in them to keep them looking great. What's more, you'll also need to care for your trees and shrubs by fertilizing them, trimming and pruning them, and keeping an eye out for any signs of diseases or insect infestations. By taking care of these parts of your property, you'll be able to keep it looking its best throughout the year!
Invest in lawn care services such as lawn fertilization, weed control, aeration, and overseeding.
Taking care of your lawn is vital to ensuring that it stays healthy and looks its best throughout the year. By investing in the following lawn care services, you can achieve a healthy and beautiful lawn:
- Lawn Fertilization - Fertilization gives your lawn all of the necessary nutrients that it needs to thrive.
- Weed control - Weeds can steal nutrients from your grass and drag down your curb appeal. You should sign up for a weed control service that includes both pre- and post-emergent treatments to achieve a weed-free lawn.
- Aeration - This service involves loosening compacted soil on your lawn to make it easier for nutrients and other resources to reach the roots of your grass.
- Overseeding - This service involves spreading grass seeds across your lawn to fill in bare or patchy areas with new grass.
Take care of your landscape beds by planting flowers and installing mulch in them.
Your landscape beds are one of the most important features on your property, and they play a large role in its overall curb appeal. Planting flowers in your landscape beds allows you to add a pop of color to your landscape. In Iowa, you can plant cool season annuals and warm season annuals:
- Cool season annuals - These are flowers that should be planted before the warm season sets in and they thrive in low, nighttime temperatures. Pansies, snapdragons, California poppies, and larkspurs are great cool-season flowers to plant in your landscape beds.
- Warm season annuals - Warm season annual flowers should be planted after the danger of frost has passed for the season. Impatiens, petunias, zinnias, and geraniums are popular warm-season flowers to plant in your landscape beds.
Installing mulch in your landscape beds is another way to enhance their beauty. Mulch is not only beautiful on its own, but it can provide a contrast for your flowers and make them stand out even more! Plus, mulch also provides health benefits to your plants such as regulating soil temperature, retaining soil moisture, and helping to prevent weeds!
You will need to replenish the mulch in your landscape beds at least once per year as it will eventually decompose.
Take Care of Your Trees & Shrubs
Just like your grass, your trees and shrubs need to be cared for throughout the year to keep them healthy and looking their best. To help your trees and shrubs thrive, you'll need to:
- Fertilize them so that they have access to the nutrients that they need to flourish
- Monitor them regularly for signs of insect infestations or diseases and treat them as needed
- Trim them regularly to keep them looking neat and manicured
- Prune them as needed for health purposes
Give us a call to schedule any of our lawn care, maintenance, and tree and shrub care services.
At A+ Lawn & Landscape, we offer a variety of services that will help you keep your property looking its best throughout the year. We offer lawn care services, lawn maintenance services, and tree and shrub care services. All of these services are available to residential and commercial property owners in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Ankeny, IA, and surrounding areas. Give us a call today at (515) 289-2020 to schedule any of our services!